Congratulations go out to Marco’s Pizza, which celebrated being the proud winners of the 2012 Taste of New Tampa “Best of Taste” by hosting a celebration lunch on April 16.
Chamber members and guests were presented with a delicious buffet of pizza, CheezyBread and buttery CinnaSquares and the brand new “New Yorker” pizza with oversized slices! Congratulations go to Scott Decker and his staff for creating the Chamber’s favorite pizza in New Tampa. The Taste of New Tampa judges awarded the prize to Marco’s Pizza for its yummy White Cheesy Pizza. The judges indicated that Marco’s did a great job of delivering both flavor consistency, as well as piping hot pizza, despite the windy conditions at the Taste. Please visit Marco’s at 20305 Bruce B. Downs Blvd. in Live Oak to try this tasty treat! We will be celebrating the other Best of Taste winners during upcoming Chamber events, so stay tuned to our website for more information.
The Board of the New Tampa Chamber of Commerce would like to congratulate board member Lee Hoffman of Aflac on his recent promotion and thank him for his contribution to Chamber. We wish Lee every success in his new position. You will be missed! We would also like to welcome Karen Hilton of Synovus Bank (SynovusBankFL.com) to the Chamber Board as our new Treasurer.
Congratulations also go to Board members Regina Ramalheira of RE/MAX First in Real Estate and Chuck Ward of Florida Mobile Fusion on their new offices at 17010 Palm Pointe Dr., in The Shoppes at The Pointe plaza in Tampa Palms The Chamber ribbon cutting for those offices on April 26 was packed with friends, family and Chamber members to celebrate the Grand Opening of the new offices.
Board positions and Ambassador committee memberships are still available, as well as the part-time Executive Assistant position. Please submit your request to info@NewTampaChamber. org for more information or an application form. It is through the support of such volunteers who dedicate their time to the organization that we are able to continue to strengthen the Chamber, and to develop new and innovative projects to serve our members and the New Tampa community.
Chamber Welcomes New & Renewing Members
The New Tampa Chamber is proud to welcome the following new Chamber members:
•Bill Wright of Mattress Firm (17631 Bruce B Downs Blvd.);
•My Tampa Bay Pediatrics;
•Wesley Chapel Nursery & Landscape Supply Co.;
•Hillsborough County Small Business Information Center;
•Jayne Baker, Certified Natural Health Professional;
•Carol Ford of Liberty Mutual Insurance;
•Seven Oaks Pet Hospital;
•The Tutoring Center;
•New Tampa Eye Institute
•New Tampa Weight Watchers.
We also thank Dr. Greg Stepanski of Children’s Dentistry on Cross Creek Blvd. for renewing his membership and continuing to support the Chamber.
Please view our updated Membership Directory on our website at NewTampaChamber.org. Remember you can register as a new member or renew your membership online through your account! The economy and all the construction on BBD have taken a real toll on your local business owners, so when you need a product or service, please consult our Membership Directory for a local member you can support!
Join our Facebook page to receive regular updates on chamber news and upcoming events. Visit Facebook. com/NewTampaChamber and click on the “Like” button to join us!
Monthly Chamber Events:
• NEW!! NTCC Work It! The second Tuesday of each month, 8 a.m.-9 a.m., at the New Tampa Chamber offices (15310 Amberly Dr., Ste 250, Tampa Palms). FREE for Chamber members. Each “Work It” seminar offers tips and tricks for business building. See ways you can use the New Tampa Chamber member portal to build your personalized referral network and other great business tips! Register online now.
• Lunch: The second Monday of each month, noon, at Pebble Creek Golf Club (10550 Regents Park Dr.). The cost is $15 for Chamber members/$20 for non-members.
• Networking on the 9s: The fourth Wednesday of each month, 3 p.m., also at Pebble Creek Golf Club. The cost is just a $15 greens fee.
• After Hours Networking: Held the last Thursday of each month, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Location varies. Free for members and prospective members.
• Other events: including Power Lunches & Networking Breakfasts, Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings are listed on our website.
Please register for all events online at NewTampaChamber.org.