For those of us who live in New Tampa, the ongoing construction on Bruce B. Downs (BBD) Blvd. is a consistent challenge that many of us have to deal with every day. BBD engineer Scott Passmore of KCI Technologies likens road construction to “open-heart surgery while the patient is on the move,” but for many businesses in the local area who have been negatively affected, it’s been more like a heart attack! The traffic jams seem to be neverending and residents often choose to shop elsewhere to save time.
In the midst of all of this BBD chaos, family-owned Oakley’s Grille has managed to flourish and this month, owner Keith Oakley and his family and staff will celebrate the popular eatery’s first full year in business. Nearly four decades of experience in the restaurant industry has clearly served Keith well!
Offering truly gourmet burgers, a variety of great sandwiches and salads in a clean, contemporary and family-friendly environment, Oakley’s Grille is a hidden gem in New Tampa — located next to Dairy Queen, in front of Home Depot on BBD.
With Burger Nights on Tuesdays, Phillys & Fries on Wednesdays and Fajita Fridays, you can find the perfect night to take the family out! Join the New Tampa Chamber on Thursday, June 21, 5 p.m.-7:30 p.m., to celebrate Oakley’s one-year anniversary, with 50-percent-off any order for all Chamber members and special offers for guests. This is a celebration that truly should not be missed! Save the date in your calendar now and bring the family out for some great food!
Board positions and Ambassador Committee memberships are still available. Please submit your request to info@NewTampaChamber.org for more information or an application form. It is through the support of such volunteers who dedicate their time to the Chamber that we are able to continue to grow stronger and develop new and innovative projects to serve our members and the entire New Tampa community.
Chamber Welcomes New & Renewing Members
The New Tampa Chamber welcomes the following new members:
MedExpress Urgent Care, Sam’s Club and BJ’s Wholesale Club.
We also thank renewing members: Gunter & Gunter Insurance; Sickle Hunter Financial Advisors and LegalShield & GoSmallBiz for renewing their memberships and continuing to support the Chamber.
Whenever you’re looking for a local business, we hope you will view our updated Membership Directory at NewTampaChamber.org Support your locally owned businesses! The economy and all the construction on BBD have taken a real toll on your local business owners, so when you need a product or service, please consult our Membership Directory for a local member you can support.
Please also join our Facebook page to receive regular updates on Chamber news and upcoming events. Simply visit Facebook.com/NewTampaChamber and click on the “Like” button to join us on the social network!
Monthly Chamber Events:
• NEW!! NTCC Work It! The second Tuesday of each month, 8 a.m.-9 a.m., at the New Tampa Chamber offices (15310 Amberly Dr., Ste 250, Tampa Palms). FREE for Chamber members. Each “Work It” seminar offers tips and tricks for business building. See ways you can use the New Tampa Chamber member portal to build your personalized referral network and other great business tips! Register online now.
• Lunch: The second Monday of each month, noon, at Pebble Creek Golf Club (10550 Regents Park Dr.). The cost is $15 for Chamber members/$20 for non-members.
• Networking on the 9s: The fourth Wednesday of each month, 3 p.m., also at Pebble Creek Golf Club. The cost is just a $15 greens fee.
• After Hours Networking: Held the last Thursday of each month, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Location varies. Free for members and prospective members.
• Other events: including Power Lunches & Networking Breakfasts, Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings are listed on our website.
Please register for all events online at NewTampaChamber.org.